I discovered Goodreads in the middle of 2014. They had a reading challenge, and I signed up for it. I don't remember how many books I had hoped to read, but I only managed to read 5 books.
I joined again this year and pledged to read 52 books. Unfortunately, I have only found time to read six.
That makes me really sad, because I truly love books. When I was a kid, there were times that my mother would turn my bedroom lights off in order to get me to stop reading and go to sleep. To her chagrin, however, I would simply sit next to the window and read by moonlight.
I still have approximately 40 days before the year ends, so I might still be able to reach my target. If I read at least three books every two days, I'll be finished in no time. No thick novels though -- I'll save those for next year. For now, I need to stick to books with less than 100 pages. I searched online and found these lists:
1. 15 Life-Changing Books You Can Read in a Day -- Time
2. Most influential books under 100 pages -- Goodreads
3. 50 Thin Classics -- Alameda County Library
4. These Amazing Classic Books Are So Short You Have No Excuse Not To Read Them -- Huffington Post
5. 8 Most Influential Books Under 100 Pages -- WhytoRead
6. The Best Books Under 100 Pages Every Guy Should Read -- Cool Material
7. 35 classic quick-read books -- London Free Press
8. 50 short books for busy people -- Ebook Friendly
9. 24 books to read in under an hour (infographic) -- Ebook Friendly
Via Ebook Friendly
I think I will be able to complete this challenge.